Friday, March 15, 2013

Living the Redwood Dream

The first week of training has ended here in Santa Cruz. We are staying in Mount Hermon while learning about the slough, berm, upsloping and outsloping of a trail. What a beautiful place to be with such amazing young adults. They sure did a great job picking people out for this internship. Every single one of the people in my group are constantly challenging and inspiring me. The conversation we hold as a group and during one-to-one are intelligent, thought-provoking discussions. I have learned and grown so much already. Where will I be in another week? Month? Full term?

They say that there are signs directed towards you pushing, prodding and whispering you to the place you are suppose to be. I was not sure if this was it at first but there have been too many signs since this thought. I am meant to be here, with these people, doing this work.

So I lay here in a hammock writing this blog post. Tonight I go to a concert. Tomorrow is filled with beach BBQ's and sunshine. How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment