Monday, July 23, 2012

Girls, Girls, Girls

My life in the mountains of the Sierra Nevadas in Cali have progressed quickly. The past 13 days were filled with lake showers, funyaking, canoeing, swimming, windsurfing, hiking, candy, and amazing memories. The girls came in a whirlwind of energy and excitement. Then left just as quickly. Walking through the trails of camp between program blocks girls would shout my name and run to quickly give me a hug. Yes, the reason I am here has been fulfilled. Every year that I am granted the privilege to work in these mountains with these girls I am taught so much. I am honored that these wonderful young ladies can still shape me and teach me ways.

Being a supervisor of other staff this year is different. I am learning the ways of a leader: boundaries, support, direction, self-care, and maintenance. My waterfront runs smoothly, but I still believe I can do more.


Craziness in the office, Waffle made a butcher paper skirt. Is that my hand down your skirt?? ;)

Floating campfire on the lake, one of the best ways to end a great week with amazing girls.

Protein? I gotta climb ladders to get me some drive thru...

The opportunities in life have shaped me. This opportunity has changed me. I feel different this year, in a new, bright and shiny way. Every blessing I am learning to take in and feel the significance of it. Without those moments how can one live life in peace and joy?

No comments:

Post a Comment