Monday, July 9, 2012

Lessons to be Learned

Life sometimes hands out particular lessons, or pills, that are hard to swallow. Those big ole horse pills are shoved down, waterslide down or gracefully descend of their own accord. Well dammit I want the power to determine that. But I suppose God thinks otherwise.
In the event of a hardship, a person has two choices: to either turn the bow of their ship towards the giant wave and hope to end on the other side in one piece or to throw their anchor out knowing they won't make it through. I have made the first choice at the last second sometimes, and other times right away.
I choose to grow from these pills and waves. Sometimes with pain, others with resistence. I also have depended on others around me to guide me through these moments and to help me point the bow of my ship the correct way...
Lord grant me the strength I need in these moments. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment